The Smooth Glide computer mount remains the same as the AK-12 and AK-7, securing the laptop computer up against dash while driving and officers can slide and lock laptop in ideal work position.
The universal Cable-DockŪ securing system works with standard to rugged laptop computers or use our the Kodiak line of docking stations for the Panasonic Toughbook.
This new console is much wider (14") than the standard AK's, provides four inches (4") of vertical mounting space and twelve inches (12") on the horizontal axis. On the drivers side is a
knockout for internally mounting a speaker. Also included are 3 mic clips and knockouts for 12v outlets.
The AK-16 utilizes the Smooth Glide computer mount that has been sold on the AK-12 for the past 4 years. The Smooth Glide stores against the dash and can be released, slid out and rotated
to driver or passenger for ergonomic interaction.
This item will NOT Work with Tahoe Single Cell and Gun Rack.
PLEASE NOTE: FACEPLATES ARE INCLUDED WITH THE CONSOLES. When ordering, please specify the equipment that will be going into the console so that we can include the custom faceplates. If ordering online, please list the equipment devices in the note line area of the shopping cart.
Please note: You must use a Floorplate with an AK-16 equipment console.
- Pre-Drilled Face Plate Screw Holes
- 3 Knockouts for 12V outlets
- Speaker Knockout on Driver's Side
- 3rd Generation "Smooth Glide"™ Laptop Mount
- CTTB Technology - 180° Solid & Smooth Rotation
- SLAM LOCK with Hardened Steel Pin, Thumb Activated Release
- Placement: Up against dash and between seats. Must be mounted with floorplate.
- May have seat contact with some vehicles
- 16" of Equipment mounting space
- Measurements: 25" long, 14.95" tall & 14" wide
- Equipment Depth: 4" section - 9.5" depth, 12" section - 4.25" depth front and 5.59" depth rear
- Faceplates: Mounts 16" of Faceplates
- Shipped Weight: 33 lbs.
- Does NOT include Floorplate
We carry a complete line of
accessories for your emergency equipment console -
be sure to take a look!
Our Emergency Sevices Equipment Consoles improve access to communication equipment and other controls, while promoting safety by allowing emergency service officers to keep their eyes on the road, especially while responding to a call. This natural positioning promotes a safe and comfortable
workspace for the emergency response personnel spending 8-12 hours a day in their mobile office. Our premier communications
consoles are top rate!